BEGA VALLEY COUNCIL - YUIN NATION
The developer was sold 43.6 hectares of bushland in Dalmeny from the Eurobodalla Council in September 2021 for residential development. The development area is zoned for R2 Low Density Residential which Council have confirmed won’t include affordable housing. Council is developing a masterplan and Development Control Plan (DCP) for three privately owned lots, which together total about 100 hectares.
WHERE IS IT UP TO?
Eurobodalla Shire Council has confirmed they will seek input from Dalmeny residents for guidance on the masterplan.
WHAT’S AT STAKE?
- Approximate area to be cleared: 43.6 hectares
- Catchment zone for Mummaga Lake: Classified by the state government in 2002 as in need of ‘significant protection’
- Old growth forests that capture carbon and maintain local weather systems
- No study since 2019-2020 bushfires (which affected 80% of Eurobodalla Shire landmass yet left this proposed development site unburnt) to determine areas requiring additional protection to account for habitat and food source loss in other areas of the shire
- Bushland that is home to a range of species of flora includingnative Fringe Lilies, Narrow Leaf Geebung, Blueberry Ash
- Yellow-bellied Gliders
- Glossy Black Cockatoos
- Gang Gang Cockatoos
WHO’S FIGHTING IT?
- Local Stakeholders
- Dalmeny Matters