WORK WITH CATE
Expressions of Interest: Advisor (temp PT)
Salary: $70,694 - $83,597 p/a (pro-rata)
Greens MP Cate Faehrmann is looking for someone with a good understanding of the Greens and the party’s core issues to support her work for approximately two months over the summer. The person can work with her small team at Cate’s Parliament office in Sydney or remotely from anywhere in NSW. This is a short-term, fill-in role, working 2-3 days per week (negotiable) for up to 8 weeks in the first quarter of 2024. There is a possibility for an extension or ongoing work.
The successful applicant will probably be a member or supporter and have spent quite a few hours working for the Greens in either a volunteer or paid capacity so are across the detail on a number of our core issues. They could be a student, semi-retired, a parent returning to the workforce, a local councillor - anything really - and no experience as a political staffer is needed. They might also be some, or all, of the following:
- Somebody with experience as a grassroots campaigner, having mobilised communities to win campaigns
- A person with strong communications skills and being able to use the written word to inspire others to take action to change the world
- Someone with a good understanding of at least one, ideally more, of Cate’s portfolios who can assist with constituent queries, drafting correspondence, speeches, etc
- A content creator with experience in photography or videography and/or using tools such as InDesign, Premiere or Canva, and a passion for social media
- An office manager and admin superstar with exceptional organisation skills
- Or something else! Let me know.
We’re looking for someone to begin in early-mid January (no earlier than 8 Jan) so we’re taking Expressions of Interest now. This opportunity may fill fast so apply asap to [email protected]
To apply, please send your current CV plus a short email or cover letter outlining your skills, experience and why you think you’d be a great addition to the team.
We strongly encourage First Nations people, people with a disability, women and gender diverse people to apply and we won’t discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender or disability. If there is anything we can do to make an interview more accessible to you please let us know in your application.
Cate is one of 7 Greens MPs in the NSW Parliament and has long been part of the fight for climate, environmental and social justice on the streets and inside parliament. She was recently re-elected to the NSW Upper House at the March 2023 state election.
Cate is experienced, dynamic, and (most importantly), she’s fun, when the occasion calls for it. She was Chair of Sea Shepherd Australia, a founding Director of GetUp!, previous Executive Director of the Nature Conservation Council of NSW and a former Board Member of the Environmental Defenders Office.
Cate lives and works on stolen Aboriginal land.
Cate’s portfolio responsibilities include:
- Mining, Coal & Gas
- Drug Law Reform & Harm Reduction
- Gambling Harm Reduction
- Transport, Infrastructure & Cities
- Healthy Oceans
- Music & Night-time Economy
- Building and Fair Trading
- Science & Technology
- Western Sydney
- Illawarra & South Coast